Agreement paves the way for numerous collaborative opportunities
Building on its worldwide presence and mission of global collaboration, the International Society of Automation (ISA) has signed a Memorandum of Cooperation (MOM) with the China Instrument & Control Society (CIS), the leading academic organisation in instrumentation, measurement, control and automation in China.
While the two organisations have maintained a mutually beneficial bi-lateral relationship since 1980—with both entities regularly supporting and participating in the events and activities of the other—the MOM formally declares joint intentions to:
- Further the professional interests of automation and control professionals throughout the world.
- Encourage the exchange and dissemination of technical information.
- Promote understanding and cooperation between the members of CIS and ISA.
“The signing of this MOC is the result of multiple conversations in recent years between ISA and CIS,” says Patrick Gouhin, ISA Executive Director and CEO. “We have established a mutual understanding, based on each organization’s strengths and competencies, that allows us to take the relationship to the next level, benefiting all automation professionals around the world through enhanced information sharing.”
Specifically, the agreement outlines several opportunities for collaboration, including:
- Co-organized automation and control engineering and technical training courses in China.
- Co-sponsored automation and academic conferences in China, other parts of the Asia-Pacific region, the US and throughout the world.
- Reciprocal membership, enabling members of both associations to gain membership into the other at a discount.
- The translation of more ISA publications into Mandarin, and the translation of more CIS publications into English.
- Greater access to ISA automation and control standards in China.
At a recent meeting in Beijing, China, ISA President-elect Secretary Dr Peggie Koon received a plaque from Wu Youhua, Secretary General of the China Instrumentation and Control Society (CIS). The plaque expresses CIS’ appreciation of ISA’s support and contribution to MICONEX (Multinational Instrumentation Conference and Exhibition), the global conference that CIS hosts each year.